Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Goodbye dear friend

Dear  Billy,
You met Jesus almost 2 hours ago. 
I bet you were so happy. 
I can see you now smiling from ear to ear. 
I bet you have already requested "Victory in Jesus" to the choir of heavenly angels and I bet you sang it the loudest. 
You loved to sing. 
And now you are HOME. Truly home. 
I am a little jealous but I know, I hope i will be where you are someday. 
You were the best thing that happened to me during my time at FCC&A. 
We had so many good times. 
Thank you for always sticking up for me. 
You always knew what to say, or when to just give me a hug. Give my Papa Bud a big hug from me.

I love you, I truly love you.

I wrote this poem for you just now in honor of your special day.  I hope you like it.
I'm going to miss you dear friend.
But I know one day I'll see you again.
Go ahead of me and I'll soon follow.
But I can't tell you I won't have sorrow.
Because I'll miss you ever so.
but God said it was time for you to go.
So for now we must part,
but your love remains in my heart.~
 

1 comment:

  1. Trin, you have me crying again. Such a sweet tribute to a wonderful man! He will truly be missed by all who knew him. Billy is now whole again: mind and body. I'm so glad you got to speak with him last night.

    I'm sending some extra hugs your way.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete