
This one, my oldest was playing flag football at school two years ago today.
He was just 3 weeks from graduating 8th grade when a kid tripped him as he was running after another kid with the football.
I was so angry. It was supposed to be non contact. And Jonathan was playing defense so the kid should have never tried to tackle him. Thats the mom in me. Plus the kid never apologized or even offered to help Jonathan up. By the time Jonathan made it to the office, he was in shock from the pain. He was rushed to the ER where his arm was reset.
The lower part of his left arm bone was broken in two places. He had surgery three times that summer. Plastic nails were inserted into his arm to keep it straight. It was brutal. He couldn't play golf, swim or do anything fun for that entire summer. I felt so bad for him.
It totally ruined his summer.
I felt so bad for him that I finally gave in and let him get a puppy. My moms dog had just given birth to a litter a few weeks after his accident.
Runt is the most awesome dog EVER. If Jonathan hadn't of gotten hurt, I probably would have passed on Runt. Things just sometime work out for the best.





No comments:
Post a Comment