Saturday, June 4, 2011

Yard Sale!





I hate the heat of summer unless I am poolside or at the beach but ONE thing I do appreciate about summers are YARD SALES!

I love to find a bargain. And yard sales are about the cheapest way to find a treasure anymore. Goodwill has become expensive. And most of the "finds" at Goodwills are promptly put online. If I wanted to shop like that, I would stick to Ebay! So yard sales have become the only place to score a real vintage treasure without paying out the nose.

Today I went to 3 yard sales and 1 estate sale.

Among my finds, a vintage floral frog, 8 vintage cake decorating books by Wilton, Gnomes, Lefton Christmas Tree (with the original box), vintage cookie cutters, and some vintage chalk ware birds. I spent less than $20.

I came home feeling very happy with my vintage finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment