
As I child, I often remember being told "NO".
NO, you can't have that candy.
NO, you can't have that toy.
NO, you can't treat your little sister like that.
NO, you cannot take the car.
NO, you have to go to school.
I could go on and on. I heard many NO's as a child and even more as a teenager.
As a parent, now I am the one dishing out the NO's. And 5 kids means A LOT of them!
And, I officially became my mother when I dealt out the "You have to learn to take NO for an answer" bit to Ashton recently.
But sometimes NO is NO. And sometimes NO is a blessing.
For example, if you were to indulge your child into every sweet, and sugary treat they asked for...what would happen? Terrible stomach ache. So saying NO was for their benefit.
Well, sometimes God says NO for our benefit too.
My husband John lost his job 3 weeks ago. This is the 3rd lay off in 5 years. He makes a very handsome salary but when you divvy it up between 6 children, not much is left over. It takes a lot of money to run this family we have made.
We have been praying so hard for a job that would take us back home to NC or WVa. Now, weeks later, we are just praying for any job.
But so far, God has been silent.
Interviews have gone well and he has had good feedback. But there is not much work available for what he does in his industry (Product Support Manager for Heavy Equipment).
His salary has already been reduced by thousands since his first lay off in 2006. It's a scary roller coaster. Because of the turmoil of lack of income, and then income slashed by thousands...we were forced to sell our home and take the job in Virginia. Not having insurance for 5 kids is another headache. It is a hard life right now.
I had to move away from my entire family. And now, being stuck here and no job is just beyond depressing. I read this daily devotion dated May 3rd from a Max Lucado book (I love him) and it has given me renewed hope:
Can you imagine the chaos if God honored each request?
"For God has not destined us to the terrors of judgment, but to the full attainment of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Thess 5:9)
Note God's destiny for your life. Salvation. His itinerary includes stops that encourage your journey. He frowns on stops that deter you. When His sovereign plan and your earthly one collide, a decision must be made. Who's in charge of this journey?
If God must choose between your earthly satisfaction and your heavenly salvation, which do you hope he chooses?
Please say a prayer for our family that God will show us where HE wants us.
No comments:
Post a Comment