Monday, July 20, 2009

I'm too old for roller coasters!

Hi everyone! We made it back from Richmond safely!

We began our weekend by stopping at DUKE University on Friday morning. My little brother, Andrew had never been and I wanted him to see Cameron Indoor Stadium.


Cell phone pic---can't find my USB cord to my digital!



Official Cameron Photo--not mine

Just as we were walking in, Kyle Singler was walking out. That was pretty cool.

We took some pictures and shopped for a while and then we were back on the road.

On Saturday we went to Kings Dominion.
Kings Dominion was a lot of fun! We rode most of the rides (with the exception of the Drop Tower---free falling some 200 ft just didn't appeal to me)...

We stayed from opening to close and I truly felt my age---O L D by the end of the night.

I physically HURT. My sons thought I was overreacting but at one point while we were standing in line for the Grizzly Ride I pointed out to them not many 34 year old moms were in line. It was mainly a sea of teens! But it was worth the pain and soreness to spend some wonderful time with my two oldest.


We also looked at a few condos in the Richmond area but none that I felt great about.

This move has my heart in knots. On one hand, I cannot wait for our family to be reunited under one roof. On the other hand, leaving my home, my family and our children's schools is tough.

One day at a time I suppose.

Once I find my USB cord to my digital camera, I will post some of our pictures.

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. haha man o man. this is exactly something like i would want to do. Busch Gardens in Virginia has some of the tallest and fastest roller coasters around and yet they dont ride all that rough. ill try anything once so this seems pretty tight. anyway im glad your kids got to see Duke and the stadium. I think that every kid should enjoy it at least once. although i myself have been about oh...8 times lol

    ReplyDelete