Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Yard Sale = Living Hell


Every couple of years, I decide to have a yard sale.

And every couple of years after the yard sale, I swear I will never have another one.

Its a painstaking process!

The toys. Four children equal ungodly amounts of toys.

Four children of four completely different age levels mean four huge piles of different assorted toys that I must clean, separate and price accordingly.

The dust alone in Jonathan's room (my 15 year old) was enough to kill me.

It took me 3 hours to do a thorough cleaning of Tate (my 8 year old) and Justin's (age 13) room.

Its almost 11 o'clock and I haven't made my way into Ashton's room (my 6 year old daughter....I am afraid too).

If I step on another Star Wars figurine I think I will have a nervous breakdown.

I am already convinced that I am going to be seeing Beanie Babies, Lego's and Darth Vader in my dreams tonight.

If I wasn't so OCD maybe a yard sale would be fun....but the perfectionist in me...the one who must clean every item, ziploc bagging, pricing, folding clothes in a way that would make a GAP employee envious will not allow this to be an enjoyable effort.

Oh well, here's to my last one! Yeah right! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. let us know if you make any money... seems like a headache!

    ReplyDelete