
I love waking up on crisp September mornings. Cool at first and then warming to a near perfect 75 degree day. College football resumes on 9/3 and again on 9/5. Go Duke & Go Mountaineers!
School will soon be starting and the Dixie Classic Fair (a MUST if you live ANYWHERE in central North Carolina) will be pulling into town.
Fall has always been my favorite season.
And Halloween (only 74 days away) is one of my most loved Holidays!
There is just something to be said about the simplicity of the colors of orange and black.
I especially love vintage Halloween decor. Especially the old invitations, the plastic spider rings and the heavy cardboard paper cut outs your teacher would hang on the walls.
Here are a few of my favorite online vintage Halloween decor items:



Photos from Country LivingAnd a few ETSY favorites too:


And Ebay:

Check out this perforated pumpkin carved by Eddie Ross ( PS if you aren't reading his blog yet.....YOU SHOULD BE!) Is'nt it stunning!


And Ebay:

Check out this perforated pumpkin carved by Eddie Ross ( PS if you aren't reading his blog yet.....YOU SHOULD BE!) Is'nt it stunning!
In other news, looks like my family is moving to Richmond in the next 2-3 weeks.We have put our house on the market and have found a home to rent in the meanwhile.
It is SO hard to leave my family so soon after Papa Bud's death. And it breaks my heart to leave my grandmother. But it is what my family has to do and I know Papa Bud would support that.
In July, when we drove up to look at homes & condos, I kept thinking to myself that I could never move with Papa being so sick. 4 hours is too long of a drive to be away from him.
So, at least I will not have that worry in my heart now. I was able to be here with him during his illness and death and that time to me was the most precious time spent in my life.
God's timing is perfect...even if I don't understand HIS clockwork, I TRUST His plan.
This is what the LORD says: "In the time of my favor I will answer you, and in the day of salvation I will help you; I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people, to restore the land and to reassign its desolate inheritances- Isaiah 49:8

No comments:
Post a Comment