Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tomorrow



After the kids all get home from school, we are driving home to visit our family!

I haven't seen them in over a month!

It is the longest I have gone without seeing them all!









(Harley at a bday party, he likes Diego from Dora the Explorer)


I will get to see my sweet nieces and nephew (Harley-named after Papa and is in the videos above), eat at the diner with my dad, shop thrift stores with my sister, eat my moms homemade chicken pie, catch up on all the gossip from Mama Jo, help my dear little cousin Grady with his homework and best of all......I get to spend some alone time with Papa at his grave.



I know, I know, I know.

He isn't there. That's true. He is in heaven.

But being near his sacred ground means so much to me. Touching the dirt that covers his grave, picking out the weeds that are trying to grow or just being there sitting and remembering so many good times is so special to me. I have missed that grave so much. If we weren't getting there so late in the evening it would be my first stop into town.

We are also going to the Dixie Classic Fair which means lots of yummy food and pig racing!



And I will be checking up on our house. It still hasn't sold yet. I need to mow and dust and my neighbor Doris is going to help me trim the bushes. I miss my sweet neighbors.



So much to look forward to. I will be sharing it all with you when I return.

Pray for our safe travel to and from North Carolina.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you get to vist home , I will pray you have a safe trip.Have fun at the fair.;~)
    ~Myrna Lee

    ReplyDelete