The first of many holidays without him.
He loved Thanksgiving because it meant he got to do two of his favorite things.
1. Eat
2. Be with his grandbabies and great grandbabies
My heart aches to walk into his house and see him sitting there with that big smile on his face. To hear him chuckle. To watch him eat and enjoy himself. Just to be near him.
Its hard to be thankful knowing that those moments are now just memories. And that my heart will always have a bit of heaviness in it when the holidays come around.
Words cannot grasp my grief. BUT I have to keep moving ahead. I have to make this day special for my little ones. I pray I am blessed one day to have grandchildren that I can only HOPE will adore me the way I adore my Papa Bud.
I miss you Papa. That doesn't even seem like enough words to really describe how much I miss you. And I love you. I love you so very much. #1

No comments:
Post a Comment